The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2014, 08:06 PM   #1
handy67

? for people running air suspension??

so i finally got my truck to the point where it can drive. adjusted my four link and watts link and got my pinion angle where it needs to be for smooth driving. in the back im running a 4 link cantilever bag set up with 7" slam bags and in the front for now im running a stock control arm set up with the lower control arms boxed out for the 8" slam bags to set down inside of. this is my first air ride vehicle so forgive my ignorance, but i pulled it out and set it to what i thought looked like a good ride height. i was running roughly 55-60 psi in the front and somewhere around 45 psi in the rear. i am thinking that was to little air pressure because the first turn i tried to make almost didnt turn. the truck wanted to go straight. does this sound right? so after pulling over i bumped the pressure up to 80 psi in the front and that felt better. running 55 psi the truck felt spongey and very loose. the truck does not have a front sway bar so i though maybe that would help with the front. any info or advice you guys can give would be awesome. thanks.
handy67 is offline   Reply With Quote