The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2014, 12:54 PM   #1
Bravoaloha

The Midnight Rambler- '68 K/20

Hey everybody- first post here. (I'm hoping this thread will become a build thread in the near future, I thought this was the best place) I have been eying this truck for about a year now and have spoken to the owner a couple times about selling it. He was not interested in parting with her then, but I drove by yesterday and lo and behold- she had a big 'ol For Sale sign on her.

The owner does not seem to know what is wrong with it, which is scary for me as I am not familiar with these trucks. He says it runs, but has not been driven in years. It definitely has some rust issues, but I would be happy to get it tip-top mechanically in the near future and leave the body as is for the foreseeable future.

What do I need to look for before I get really serious about diving in? What questions do I need to ask? I think it could be a relatively easy and cheap project, but could also end up needing a lot more than I anticipated. Apparently the truck as some transmission that is rare and sought after.

I named her The Midnight Rambler after the song by The Rolling Stones. Just seemed to fit.

Guy wants $1000.00, Im going to offer him $800.00.

Should I pull the trigger?? I'm young, and just out of college. May not be the best decision financially, but my plan is to sell my dirt bike to cover the cost.
Bravoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote