The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2014, 12:40 AM   #1
jeboblasto

rear end calamity...67

Hiyo, i am teaching myself now to fix my truck, one problem at at time, one might call me a youtube mechanic or something. I have a rear end issue, that i'm having problems finding online info on and was hoping for a lead at the very least on what to look for. any advice is hugely appreciated. My right rear wheel skids, or slides, drags, during low speed turns. It is likely doing it all of the time, but is very noticeable at low speed. I am going to be able to get after it soon ( money and space required ) and am wondering if my issue lies in the differential ( my thinking ) or somewhere else. I have a 12 bolt diff, and will be opening it up soon to get more info. It's probably stock like most of the truck. Can a locking or limited slip diff become stuck in a locked position? and if so, what is the cure? I would usually find this out with hours of googling etc, but i have been unable to make a lot of headway. If anybody is feeling generous i would appreciate even a slight nudge in the right direction. Cheers!
Name:  -1.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  102.1 KB
jeboblasto is offline   Reply With Quote