The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2014, 06:37 PM   #21
MARTINSR

Re: 1948 Chevy - Updating Original Frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaboynca View Post
You still commute on 880?!? Its not the capability of your car that i would worry about, its all the other idiots on that slab! Would hate to have someone bang into your rambler, its so cool. But can't live in fear...

(I live in Patterson, 16mi SW of Modesto and have to take 880 when i have to fly out of SFO and i hate that stretch)
I now "commute" on city streets about 5.5 miles so I seldom get out on 880 with the Rambler. But honestly, I have done a lot of study in driving, no kidding, STUDY in times and lights and what other drivers do and all kinds of logs and what not and it's largely how we LOOK at traffic and other drivers. What they do doesn't make a big of difference in what I do. I drive with traffic and leave lots of room, that's all there is to it, no magic, but it took me to 55 years old to understand. We have a very twisted image of time and movement, VERY twisted. Our image is way off reality. Once you start seeing it more realistically things get much better for you out on the road.

I know Patterson very well, I use to service the Napa store there and a few of the companies around the area.

The guy I bought my truck from in 1973 was just moving out to Newman at the time. He just had some surgery on his Parkinsons the last few days, I hear he is doing well. He was a volunteer on the Patterson Fire dept for years. Tom Duarte is his name he worked at the Chevy dealer there for years as well.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote