The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #1
Wt195713

Project Firewater- 59 fleet

So project firewater (the 59 fleet side big window) is long underway. I have admired a bunch of builds here and I decided it was my time to post. I am a 20yo college student who holds a full time job also. Truthfully, I am grateful I am able to support quite a large budget all on my own and I am building this truck right and not taking shortcuts. Starting from day one back in April this is her:Name:  IMG_2045.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  82.4 KB
Pretty good if you ask me. The guy I bought it from lives in a little town near Tishomingo, OK. He had recently gained custody of his son and priorities had materialized the truck which was good for me. This was a one family truck which when I heard the background and history I thought I was going to pay for it. If I remember correctly I paid $2700, which I feel is more than fair.

The only true body issue are the floorboards and the folded up portion of the bed that must have been hit by a tree stump or something. Otherwise everything else was great. Rough, but restorable. Originally a 6 cylinder the owner put in a 305 and I am upgrading beyond that, as you will see in later posts. So here we go, so long money....

Last edited by Wt195713; 12-04-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Wt195713 is offline   Reply With Quote