The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2015, 11:07 PM   #1
Jaysonb

Need HELP!! np203

My truck has a np203 that has been converted with a part time kit before I got the truck. The 4 wheel drive has worked fine for the last year, but yesterday i locked it in, and only had 2 wheel drive, and I could hear a noise like something was only partially engaged. The front axle would engage sometimes. I put it on the lift today, and the linkage is adjusted fine, and my shifter is clean, and works fine. Are the bearings in the part time kit that take place of the spider gears prone to fail? And if they did would these be the symptoms? The main chain must be ok, the front axle did engage intermittently. With the truck on the lift, and the linkage from the shifter removed, I would lock it in 4 and the front and rear drive shafts would move together like they should, but take it off the lift and not change anything, and only rear wheel drive. Any help is appreciated.
Jaysonb is offline   Reply With Quote