The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2015, 06:34 PM   #1
oski6754

Anybody Running a Tuff Country 2" EZ Ride Lift?

Hi Guys,

Short version: Does anybody out there have a Tough Country 2" EZ Ride Lift on their 69-72 Sub?

I need new springs and the product seems reputable, but I have questions about post-install ride quality.

My sub is 100% stock, with original springs and rides comfortably at present. Will this product change handling dynamics greatly?

Please let me know your thoughts if you're running this exact application and can shed some light on what I can expect.

Long Story: I am interested in a mild lift because of how I use my Sub (remote camping where I can't afford to get hung up from long wheel base/ground clearance issues). I don't want to go over 3 inches of lift, because I don't want to have to alter steering and drive-train geometry. I would like to maintain a reasonable ride quality because I also drive the Sub around town. I have looked at a local spring shop that can make some custom springs that they claim to perform better than stock (http://www.atlassuspension.com/gmc-c...erfomance.html), however, they are $1,465 before new shocks. On the other hand, I found a Tuff Country 2" Suspension EZ-Ride Kit, including new shocks, for $870. I know that the best solution is never cheap and the cheap solution is never best, but part of me says "leaf springs are leaf springs".

Thoughts?
oski6754 is offline   Reply With Quote