The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2015, 10:54 AM   #1
Mr_Shamrock

'Burban Build

I have been a member here for a little while, but mainly just lurked around looking at all the cool trucks. I bought this 90 Suburban last year and had big plans for it. Like many projects the excitement fizzled out a little and I put the truck up for sale. After getting a lot of low ballers and looking at justpball's build thread 100 times I have decided to continue on. My plan is to have a cool static dropped family hauler to attend the local cruise in's and car shows. I also am hoping to be able to keep it tow worthy if possible. Anyway here is the truck the day I brought her home...

Like I said it is a 90 model with the stock TBI 350 and all the power options. It was running rough when I bought it but I felt like the motor was good. It ended up needing an EGR valve and the throttle body cleaned and now it runs perfect. The radiator also looked suspect so it got a new one along with hoses, thermostat, and a new belt. I drove it for a few weeks like that and then had to get it closer to the ground. After installing 3" spindles & 2" springs up front and a flip kit with 1.5" lift shackles in the rear it now sits like this...

I also installed new ball joints, rotors, pads, calipers, brake hoses, and shocks at the same time. I had a little drive line vibration so I installed 4 degree shims and spaced the carrier bearing up a little. It now rides great, but on big dips will just touch in the rear so I have a c-notch on it's way. I also have new carpet coming and the headliner will be getting replaced soon. I wasn't planning on documenting this so the pictures are lacking up to this point, but will definitely take some from here on out. Stay tuned...

Last edited by Mr_Shamrock; 02-02-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Mr_Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote