The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2015, 01:24 PM   #11
JPutnam

Re: I always wanted a sweet old truck

its been a slow slow process. been raining like crazy here. that mixed with working a ton hasnt given me much time to work on this. but I finally got the subframe pancaked. I burnt up 2 angle grinders and about 10 recipricating saw blades. my drill started smoking and over heating while drilling the upper bag plate holes too. As well as breaking my brand new portaband. Granted they are all cheap harbour freight tools. but these subframes are beefy. Also I got my cnotches. now I just need the fitting for the bags, the air lines, the tanks and the compressors.

I ended up with exactly 2" 1/8th chopped out of the subframe. was shooting for just 2".

on another note. My wife wanted a hotrod. ended up picking this studebaker up for her. My friend did most of the chop on it. then left it sitting. just needs upholstry a bit of metal work, some paint on the roof and the windows cut down.

I told her if we got it then she needed to do the work on it. its hers. we can do what she wants to do to it. she wanted to paint it leopard print. I think I talked her into just doing the roof a subtle leopard print with flake. but its up to her.

Last edited by JPutnam; 05-15-2015 at 01:36 PM.
JPutnam is offline   Reply With Quote