The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2015, 12:21 AM   #1
gmachinz
Account Suspended

1977 High Sierra ole farm truck

Okay....so my father in law has been languishing on his truck build for several years-gathering parts, keeping it in running condition, etc. Then one day he got real ambitious and took the rusted front end off! Well, he wanted my help to bring it back to life so, I started gathering hard to find parts for it and got involved in the teardown of it too. It helps having some help and a good direction to go for the build. It was medium blue to begin with inside and out....he wants a medium, dark charcoal and black for the inside and black on the outside. My suggestions for him were:

1.) Tach cluster (I provided to him my last nice 78-79 style)
2.) Perfect Dashpad (I restored the High Sierra dash trim)
3.) Serpentine conversion
4.) New oil pump and timing set
5.) Degrease/paint engine
6.) Overhaul the entire AC assembly
7.) I will provide restoration/reproduction harnesses for everything except the main dash harness-(I'm using some of his for reference since a few connectors are oddball)
8.) I'm doing some rust repair
9.) New glass
10.) I'm restoring all of the interior

So, that covers the major stuff but theres always stuff to do. This afternoon I prepped the firewall and restored all of the AC stuff-installed new evap. core, heater core, resealed the firewall enclosure, installed drier, orifice tube, blower motor resistor set, AC high blower relay and installed firewall padding after reinstalling pedal set and bolting fuse panel back up. Tomorrow we will install oil pump/pan, timing set/cover, serpentine brackets, water pump, fuel pump, headers and then I'll need to finish my floor-firewall rust repair....only a little patch nothing major. I only have a couple pics since getting involved on this truck-we have a 69 Camaro to start right after this truck and then its on to his 68 Z28 he's had since 1974 that is a frame off job. He's retired now so I joked we should just start a shop....between his experience and mine, wrenches would definitely be flying around getting stuff done! Lol!

One pic shows why I get irritated with aftermarket stuff-the receiver drier diameter is smaller than OEM which means the bracket that secures it to the metal brace riveted to the firewall enclosure won't reach the hole-not sure what to do about that-anybody have a NOS drier sitting around for sale-? Lol
Attached Images