The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2015, 01:06 PM   #1
68 IRON

I6 PS conversion...confusion

I'm getting ready to do this upgrade to my 68. I want to also, while steering is the focus, to freshen up the steering parts (rod ends). This is where my confusion starts. Some who have done this are at odds with changing the idler arm...which is it truly? I also notice on trucks with PS equipped, the drag link is different from manual equipped trucks....should this be changed? And what is the difference between the adjustment sleeves, manual vs. power steering? And which should I order (manual, since that's what is on the the truck now)?

I have all brackets and pulleys (with pump) from one single previously operating vehicle...a complete set. The gear comes from a 72 GMC (w/ pitman arm). I'm just concerned with the other parts.

I hope someone can "steer" me in the right direction and focus me on what is a necessary change and what is not. Just help me bring this possibly overthinking stressed feeling I'm having right now down a notch or two!
68 IRON is offline   Reply With Quote