The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2015, 04:47 PM   #1
pat english

Pats 68 4x4 dually

I waited to post this thread because I got stalled out on the project a bit and it has sat for a while.
I know some have already seen most of these pics but I wanted start an official thread.
This truck started out as a 1968 chevy 2wd longbed.I traded the frame for a 4wd frame.Got a step side bed,69 gmc front clip and some 4x4 stuff.Also a dually rear end from a motorhome.
Here’s the start of the 4x4 dually build.

As we were rolling the chassis out the cops stopped by.They pretty much locked up the brakes.I thought I was in trouble at first,but he just stopped to say cool truck and talk about his power wagon.

I got some neighbors to help me move the cab from the side of the house to the driveway.This was about 2 weeks ago.

The cab just barely fit in the garage.

I put the front sheetmetal on and duct taped the visor on to see if ill like it.

So this is where im at with it now.Im working on finishing up the suspension and steering stuff.The front springs are 52” and the rear are 63”.I need to finish up the front,get some bushings and relocate the rear spring hangers.Im doing the shackle flip on the rear.

Last edited by pat english; 08-20-2015 at 05:00 PM.
pat english is offline   Reply With Quote