The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2015, 07:58 PM   #11
xpickup

Re: 1951 Chevy / C4

Good day of ripping around. It was a great day weather wise so I pushed it out in the driveway to work on it because then I could get to the drivers side. I had to do a little trimming to get the dash to set back the way I wanted it. Then next was to mount the steering column. Because of the new dash I needed to relocate it. I cut out my lower mount and ground it up and moved it up a few inches. Then made a filler plate for the old hole. Then put the steering column back in and figured out my upper mount. It is a 350 connecting rod. Clamped it on the column and made the new tabs. Then welded them in. Next was the fuse panel. Welded studs to the tubing on the backside of the fire wall. Then on to the drivers side. I was not pleased with the area above the side cowl panel. I don't like the deap area that is normally filled with all the lead. Plus there was the antenna hole. So I trimmed it all out and rolled a new panel in the slip roll. I cut it all out and tacked the new one in. Hopefully tomorrow will be as good as the day went today.

Shannon
Attached Images

xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote