The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2015, 07:57 PM   #1
roger55

Brand new vent windows don't fit

Bought these a couple of months ago and just getting around to installing them now. Well crap, they don't fit.

Take a look. Here's the driver side:

I put a couple of arrows on there to help explain. At the top back of glass edge (arrow on the left), It's in the place it needs to be. Looks great there. Now look at the edge of the glass at the bottom (right arrow). The glass is too short! No seal there and air will come through. This is absolutely non-adjustable as the position of the glass and frame is fixed at the position it is by the pivot rod. Maybe it could be adjusted by re-setting the glass in the frame but then the glass would extend beyond the frame. It would work but wouldn't be right. I bought these pre-set because I hate setting bare glass. Not going to try that.

Going to the passenger side, it's even worse. Nothing can be done as the frame isn't big enough.

First, you can see it has exactly the same problem as the driver side. Glass edge is good at the top but even worse at the bottom. (With this photo it's off at the left arrow.)

This one has another problem the driver side doesn't have and shows why the frame isn't made right at all:

All along the leading edge, there's no seal because the frame doesn't reach the rubber all the way.

This is pathetic. I will call Classic Industries Monday morning and see if they will stand behind these. I bought them at the end of June. I've dealt with them on bad stuff before but right away and not after a period of time.

Now I'm worried about the windows too. I bought them at the same time. I hope they are OK.

Anybody else have ever had issues with these. Where do you buy well made ones????
roger55 is offline   Reply With Quote