The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2015, 12:01 AM   #1
Pro Performance

Pro Performance : '68 SWB Build

Seems like things never rest here, and always have some sort of project going on. This latest one is being built by my good friend, dad and myself. Some of you may recognize this truck from over a year ago, when we brought it all the way home from the Charlotte, NC Goodguys show. We always had plans to build this truck, but sat for a little while, since we had other things going on.

My friend knew we had it, and decided he wanted to purchase it and move forward with building it. Since he lives in CA, some of the progress is a little slower than usual, but still moving fairly quick with it. In the last few months, we have all gotten together on a few weekends and started this process. In between those weekends, my dad will work on the truck, and keep things moving forward. I am sure my friend will sign up as a user on the forum and chime in as well.

These first photos will bring you up to where we are now. We have gotten it all dis-assembled down to the bare frame. The truck sat for a long tim in NC, so the rockers were gone, but all the floors, cowl area & inside areas were all surprisingly good. I think from sitting a long time, all the lower areas got rotted out, leaving the rest in very good shape. The truck has been painted before, but mostly untouched. It is originally an I6 / 3-speed.

We will be updating as often as possible. Plans are to make is a dependable daily driver.

Cammed 5.3 LS Swap w/ 4L60E
3.73 Posi Rear
Static 4/6 Drop
Pro Performance 14" Revelator Brakes
20" Staggered Wheels
Re-done Interior
R&P Steering

Pro Performance is offline   Reply With Quote