The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2016, 04:14 AM   #20
Spry69

Re: Drop spindles and increased track width..

Well the 1.5" springs are going back in and my two credit cards are full! I got the "approval" from the misses to call Porterbuilt and order some goodies. "It's an investment dear.." Actually she is very supportive of my truck addiction, most of the time.
Talked with Dave at PB, and he helped me work out exactly what I wanted. He was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about all things C-10. Great experience.
I went with their stage 2 front kit, and an extreme dropmember rear. I'm going to run the bags with the schraeder valve setup for now.
Decided on the stage two with the 1" narrowed control arms. We figured that about $1300 of the $1600 worth of parts would cross over onto the front drop member if I end up going that way down the road.
On the rear, almost none of the stage two rear would cross over, so I spent the additional $200 to get the drop member now.
Really excited to get the project under way. Should arrive around the end of March. Until then time to clean the garage and work some overtime to pay the credit cards.