The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2016, 04:31 AM   #1
bigsky

72 C10 4X4 LWB, Put Back Together

So, two days ago a friend asked me if I would paint his 72 C10. Of course I would help him out. Have now painted two of my own cars, and finally comfortable painting one for someone else. He dropped it off using 2 trailers

Looking for advice on where to start, parts that should be replaced, since truck is so disassembled. What needs to be ordered for re-assembly. Kinda of over whelmed at this point. I have a hard time assembling something I have taken apart. Sure to have many questions along the way, all advice/opinions will be greatly appreciated.

C10 looks to be in overall good shape with some rust on inner fender liners, floor board, and box bed. Owner wants to go with wood, so will have some questions when the time comes. Motor looks like a GM crate, not sure on auto tranni at this point. One scary thing is that it came with 3 flywheels. Have been doing a lot of searching on the forum for ideas, and vendors. Here are some pics of what was dropped off. Owner is willing to spend some money to make it look nice, not interested in a show truck. Let the work/struggle begin.
Attached Images

bigsky is offline   Reply With Quote