The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2016, 06:00 PM   #1
Jemo

Are Air Bags the Cure All? Truck rides BAD

I've had my '59 on the road for a few hundred miles and just clinch my teeth whenever I drive over any bumps or unsmooth pavement. The front end feels like it's going to shake loose and the rear feels like a rock. I have a Mustang 2 in the front with coils/shocks and leafs in the back. I changed out the coils for QA1 coil overs thinking that would make it better - no change. It rides fine on highway but anything less than that and it's awful.

I like the stance of my truck and don't want it to change. I have no interest in dropping it low when I park, etc but met a guy with an almost identical truck last year with air bags and he said it rides better than his new car...best upgrade he's made. Now I'm wondering, do I go back and just change it.

Since I don't want it to go up and down, thought about just putting bags on the rear only for now and plumbing it to a Schrader valve and filling it at the house. Can be done relatively cheap and not very complex.