The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2017, 02:16 AM   #1
Old54Jones

1954 Chevrolet Build With My Dad

Hello!!! Thanks for checking in on my project! I started working on this with my dad in 2012 and wanted to have a place where I could have the trucks progress catalogued. I have always looked up to my dad and the amount of knowledge he has about everything in life it seems, so I was excited about the day when he showed me a newspaper clipping for a 1954 chevy truck for sale for $1000 obo. He said if I would want to work on a project I could use the old 1984 suburban we had to make a cool modern powered vehicle with the look of an old truck! I was excited to learn about working on old cars and spend time with my dad so I went to buy the truck off a guy who was moving out of state. He had tons and tons of parts for the truck and I was able to buy it all for $750!
Here is a picture of the truck when we first got it settled into our shop and also of the suburban about a month into me stripping it down to the frame.
Attached Images

Old54Jones is offline   Reply With Quote