The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2017, 06:02 AM   #11
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

THE GERMANS ARE COMING...!!!

The Germans are coming .... !!!!

These words could mean a lot of things.

However in this context it's all good.

My home has always been an open house, as long as you respected the cat and carpets.

So when Thorsten, Michael and Ralf all messaged me one evening a few months ago to reserve a spot on the sofa, floor, spare beds or tent space on the lawn for the Classic Ford weekend at Santa Pod. I was chuffed to bits as we all get on really well, and it has been a few years since the last time they all slept over, then as a gang of five. Unfortunately the spare rooms were taken already by two contractors I have lodging here for a few weeks.
We all met about 10 years ago or more when I had my Taunus Transit. LINK: http://retrorides.proboards.com/thre...it-fk1250-sams

So last night Harley and Duke had visitors, and loved it, as all three guys are animal and cat lovers.

With military precision, they arrived at 7.00pm and all reversed down the drive with Harley watching from a safe distance.

Front to rear....... Thörsten with his Lotus Cortina replica (started life as a 4 Door Saloon CRAZY BUILD THREAD: http://retrorides.proboards.com/thre...-doors-youtube ) then Ralf with his 3.0 litre Granada Ghia and at the rear Michael with his 2.8 litre Ghia
These cars are all immaculate but used very regularly.

I just need to mention that these guys are all TALL and I am 1.83m but look at me next to Michael, it always feels so weird spending time with them all.

As usual they all bring me treats and I would not be surprised if it was a little competition.

Dried sausage or salami from Michael and Ralf's home village butchers, and I have tried them both, just awesome and Thorsten is a bread buff, so some pretty special bread from him too. There are always various German beers to be sampled, and I made them drink all the cold Bud Lights in my fridge while their beers chilled in the freezer.These things are generous gifts and I guess many of us do stuff like that, but it always makes me smile.

The guys also brought me some of their German BBQ briquettes as we find that it is a better quality than what I can get here.

When I went to look in the shed this morning, I was honestly shocked as I never saw them unpack the bags last night.

45kg of pure heat..... Thanks Guys!!

After an extended BBQ and Beer session last night we all crashed after 11pm, keep in mind they had driven over 400 miles to get here last night.
Unfortunately I was awake at 04.10 and after keeping quiet for some time, went downstairs and closed the doors where they were sleeping and had a couple of mugs of tea, by 06.00 I was sweeping the garage driveway and the new shed, which was when I discovered all the BBQ coal stockpile.

I also had some time to really just enjoy looking at the three cars on the drive.

Thorsten' Cortina

Michael's Ford Granada.

Ralf's Ford Granada.

I then continued to clean the garage, assemble my new to me Engine stand, which I am very pleased with and move stuff around till 08.00 when the guys were up and getting ready to go to Santa Pod.
They will be back again on Sunday evening to sleep over before heading to their various homes in German.

Today it's out with Prozac again to do some collections and delivery of stuff.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote