The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2018, 05:47 PM   #11
mr48chev

Re: What is unique about your truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveshilling View Post
yeah, nothing to see there.... are you kidding?!?! you have a build thread for that one?
This is one of the great old threads on this board as it reminds us wile a lot of things are the same on our trucks a lot of things are still different.

No I don't have a build thread yet even three years later because there hasn't been a lot of actual progress made on the truck except a few ideas have been added and a few have been thrown out. That doesn't mean I haven't spent a lot of money on it though"

Since the thread started:

My buddy gave me a 68 292 for the truck.
For that truck I have bought:
Aussie speed 4 barrel intake,
12 bolt Tom finned aluminum valve cover and side cover
Finned aluminum air cleaner off Ebay.
Langdon's cast headers.
Motor mounts for the six from Chassis engineering inc on their close out sale before they sold the company.
Instrument panel that fits the dash I pulled out of the first car I ever owned when I replaced that dash with a donor dash and instrument panel. You will have to wait until the time comes before seeing what it is though.
Donor truck for the Dakota front suspension.That goes with the Industrial Chassis crossmember which is the next purchase as soon as I sell some left overs off.
Trans = undecided but my left knee is running around with protest signs asking for an automatic.
Rear = nine inch Ford. Truck will mess with the tire store kids minds as it will run a Ford 5 on 5-1/2 lug bolt pattern.

Frame = 1/2 ton longbed GMC frame I have had for over 20 years. Looks the same as a short bed frame but is 9-1/4 inches longer.

Cab will be stretched 9-1/4 inches though the doors, Chopped about 3-1/2 and sectioned about 3 inches. Outside of the stretch the exact chop and section will be decided by getting the proportions right.

15 inch steel wheels with full hubcaps and wide whites. Tires will be the last thing to be bought for the truck before it hits it's fist show.

As for the interior I was originally planning on a pair of buckets I have had stashed away but lately am thinking that a bench seat would be a lot better in it.
I took two photos off the net and did the scissors and tape photo shop method. I can't decide if I want to slant the posts as I did with the old cab or leave the posts in their original position and go that way. Not slanting the posts means a whole lot less work though. The truck with the white walls is the well known Cole Porter Salinas Boys truck, the other one is one from Rock Island Wa that is pretty nifty in it's own right both with the cut and tape mods.
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote