The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2018, 10:29 PM   #11
Advanced Design

Re: 48 Burb, bagged, 5.3, 20 year wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsonsvd View Post
Doug,

What a great thread. I have read it all today and to be honest towards the end all I could think about was Cindy, I will be following your thread with great interest as the Burb is awesome but also to pass my thoughts and best wishes to Cindy.

Best wishes from Down Under.

Shane
Shane, my apologies for my delayed response. Thank you for your kind words! She isn’t really able to make it to the shop, so we spend time together in the house. My brother is leaving Friday for a 3 week trip to Australia. He has friends in Sydney, Perth and Melbourne he is visiting. And an 8 hour drive to a ranch in the outback. He is pretty excited!

I see you are a GM/Holden dealer? I work for GM here...35 years last June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lower50's View Post
The good thing with working on cars is they sit and wait for you when you have stuff to deal with. Hope your wife feels better soon!
Thank you lower! Yeah, I’ve just rolled it around in the shop for year and half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinKees View Post
Hold on tight Doug!
Give Cindy my love.

Although I keep an eye on you on Facebook, I don’t always get the latest news.
I like all the pic with your grandkids! They have fun when the are with you!
Will do Kees! We really would have enjoyed having you guys here for HRPT last year. We have fun with the boys. The older one drove the Ranger 7 miles Sunday through a bunch of trails we have. He was really pumped...and did well.

Despite many prayers, Cindy’s health has gone the wrong way. We started dating 40 years ago and have been inseparable ever since, so his burden is difficult. Even so, we praise our Lord for the incredible support and resources provided to us. Job had it so much harder.

Will get back on the burb when the time is right.

On a more positive note, if you haven’t already, please check in on this years shop upgrade and my ongoing battle with bats...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=760563
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote