The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2019, 10:38 AM   #1
robs71

Arrow randy500,bad dealings

I recently inquired about a truck Randy has for sale on here..Going by the few pictures and short description over 1 phone call and knowing he is a truck guy I made the mistake of saying I would take it..99% sure I would I offered a 500.00 deposit...and here is where I misspoke (I said I will send a non refundable deposit because I was so sure it would be as described)..After reviewing more pictures that where sent that evening and viewing on a full screen I decided for the money and shipping this was not the great deal I thought it was...I contacted Randy next morning(within 24 hours and said I am going to pass and apologized for wasting his time).I even said I would take his cup holder console and he could keep the difference which amounted to over 100.00 bucks...not a bad deal for a few pics...no reply..so I called him...not going into the whole conversation he said he spent the money on the truck for materials to finish it as it is not quite done..he told me had I not said non refundable he would have returned my money......I just bought seats from him a few days earlier for 1700.00 shipped,plus lots of parts in the past....I could never have on my conscience that I took 500.00 from someone and gave nothing in return..and anyone reading this you mite say well you did say non refundable...yes I did..but geez! had it been the other way around I would have returned that money asap...I have met a lot of great people on here and have close friendships with a few....Jimmer,Tim,Jeff,Larry to name a few....I will not be renewing my membership next month as this whole thing has left me with bad feelings..Rob.

Last edited by robs71; 03-05-2019 at 11:02 AM.
robs71 is offline   Reply With Quote