The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2021, 11:15 PM   #11
mr48chev

Re: Post your C/L finds for everyone to enjoy!

It may be that people tend to keep vehicles longer here in the PNW than a lot of other places in the country.

Every one of our vehicles on the place except one qualifies for "Classic" plates in this state being over 20 years old. That one is an 02 VW Passat that is my wife's daily driver.

I remember when I lived in Texas a lot people questioned why I would drive a car over 5 years old because they thought anything over five or six years old was just too old to drive. I knew at least three people down there who had never bought a set of tires for a car because they had never kept one that long. Here the farmer might get a new truck every three or four years but usually turns his old one over to his foreman who in turn hands the one he is driving over to the field hands ot irrigate or do chores with. A lot of those trucks never get traded in or sold until they are so worn out they can't be fixed anymore.

The other thing may be that a lot of areas in eastern Washington or Oregon are far enough off the beaten path that scrappers didn't get those trucks when scrap was high. That's good for the guys hunting them now though because a lot of the guys who have them stashed out with the farm machinery haven't been harasser by people trying to buy them. Some of those now may have watched too many episodes of Pickers and decide that that row of old trucks down in that patch of sage brush between the wheat fields and hidden between the old broke down combines are all the sudden worth a ton of money.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote