The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2021, 11:38 AM   #1
CMGreen8812

Project Inline Six

Hello! I've been lurking around on this forum since I bought my truck about 4 years ago, and I thought it might be fun to share the progress I've made. Fair warning, the engine swap I've chosen for this project may rustle some feathers, but we'll get to that in a bit.

Getting things started, I picked up a 1969 C10 SWB out of a field in SW Iowa as seen here. No engine, no trans, but I believe it was a manual inline six. Cab corners were good, floors were decent, but the inner/outer rockers needed replaced for sure. The front clip was also good, but the bed... not so much.

While this isn't my first rodeo, this would be the first project where welding would be required. A friend of mine who's a former welding instructor took it upon himself to help me learn, so you may see my welds improve as we go.

Armed with my first spot weld drill bit and a cutoff wheel, I jumped right in.
Attached Images

Last edited by CMGreen8812; 06-24-2021 at 11:34 AM.
CMGreen8812 is offline   Reply With Quote