The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2021, 01:36 PM   #11
Paul Y

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyG View Post
I have mine on the firewall (bulkhead?) right behind the intake manifold. Fuel feed and return coming up driver's side (er, left side), and kind of up the tunnel to the regulator to avoid exhaust heat (using braided teflon lines to be E85 friendly, though zero E85 stations anywhere near me).

I put a couple Nutserts in the firewall to mount the reg. I'm using factory heat, and an under-dash AC unit, so there was lots of room in mine.
I should have come up on the drivers side but thought I was making life easier for myself with the routing etc by coming top on the passenger side. WRONG!

Mine is all ethanol compatible - there is a big Hoo Haa going on here at the moment as regular petrol now contains 10% ethanol since September 1st - using braided and aluminium hard line.

It is what it is. If I have a problem down the line will wrap the lines, think I will be OK as there is a big gap between the fuel and exhaust plus the brace provides an addition level of protection. Time will tell.

Anyway. On to todays adventure.

Stay tuned, coming up right after this commercial break....

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote