The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2022, 10:09 AM   #1
Missyblue

Headlight wiring help

Hey so finally getting some lights wired.....headlights work as they should but parking lights are weird....I am working an aftermarket harness and fusebox and have purchased new socket wiring for the parking lights.
1st they didn't turn on at all. Then we grounded the socket with a temporary wire to the battery and then they worked......now they work even with it removed....kinda weird......but my problem is when I use the turn signal.they both flash there's no independent. I checked my wiring and I have a left turn to the left side and a right tunr to the right side........realizing now I didn't double check my column wiring ??? Better do that....but i just copied the plug i cut off when i put the new plug in for the harness but now sure how i would have goofed that haha...But didn't know if anyone had any ideas....

Assuming they are just supposed to ground to the body since they don't have a ground wire but didn't know if anyone ever added one or needed to?

Then we went for our 1st voyage on the main road yay! And when we got back she wouldn't turn off and I panicked.....had no clue what to do haha.....the stupid aftermarket ignition had broken inside. Only been started like maybe 15 -20 times just crazy! So researching that as well.......I think it was a generic but dorman has one maybe they are better? I need this kind so it clamps itself.to the dash and then has the wiring studs on the back
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Photos for fun...her 1st time.seeing the road and lights on!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Rickysnickers; 12-28-2022 at 11:00 AM.
Missyblue is offline   Reply With Quote