The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2023, 05:35 AM   #1
AllGoNoShow

Differences in brake booster brackets/linkages…

I have a 68 which previous owner converted to front power disc brakes. Not sure who the manufacturer is but it has what appears to be a 8” dual diaphragm booster which has the brackets and swivel type linkage outside of the firewall as seen below. This puts the MC pretty far out from the firewall and the whole thing leans forward and doesn’t sit close to level for some reason (see below).

I’ve also seen some people put the booster closer to the firewall with Captain Fab’s brackets which seemingly puts the booster lined up with the hole in the firewall so no swivel linkage is needed.

What are the pros/cons of each? The only reason I see for the larger bracket with swivel linkage is that it moves the booster up so there is more room? Trying to evaluate my brakes and understand all the differences as I’m looking to replace the MC and proportioning valve. Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

AllGoNoShow is offline   Reply With Quote