The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2023, 12:44 PM   #9
Accelo

Re: More on EVs from a guy trying to sell them

I very much enjoy my 1970 C10 with 354HP at the wheels. Cost per mile is sky high. Expensive to build and not the greatest mileage, especially the way I tend to drive it. Wouldn't trade it for an EV. I't just fun.

My EV burns about 3.3 cents of elect for every mile . If I used 20 miles per gal, like many vehicles, my fuel costs would be .66 cents to travel 20 miles.
If only using fuel costs EV's come out on top. There is the higher insurance rate and the tires don't last as long. But the upkeep is less, with no transmission, radiator, water pump, oil changes, engine air filters or exhaust to maintain.

We need a more efficient ICE motor as the best out there right now, it a Toyota at 40% at the motor. Most ICE vehicles are only 20% efficient. EVs, operate around 87% – 91% efficiency – in part due to regenerative braking, which recaptures energy that would otherwise get lost as heat from friction. We need a more efficient ICE motor as the best out there right now, is a Toyota at 40% (at the motor).

I don't care what anyone drives. An EV works for me. In the end one or the other will likely win out because of costs.
Enjoy life.