The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2002, 03:06 PM   #1
Big69C20 Toy
Livin' it up.

OT: Venting, 00 Silverado pains....

OK i'm just getting more and more convinced the ........ at GM are just playing with themselves. Last night i got a flat in the Silverado, not a flat but it just broke the bead on the tire when the rear end slid, talk about a cheap arse setup... Ok well i've changed hundreds of tires and was like arlight i feel like an idiot for doing this (with 5 other friends with me, one being my gf) anyways it's about midnight. Me and my buddy set out to change the tire. Well getting the jack out requires you to be fricking Hercules! The nut they tightened to hold the jack down was on SO tight i had to use the lugnut tool to get it loose by pushing on it and hitting it. Ok jack's out, (lame bottleneck) and i loosen the lugs (on there at about 140ft-lbs each).

Next comes the fun part, trying to get the spare down. Ok simple i've done it before, well this time was different. Me and my bud are doing the whole shaft down the tube thing to lower the spare and getting no where. Pull out the instructions, yeah we're doing it right. SLAM that MF'er into the hole to get it to go in right, ok it's in and the "open end" just as they said is in there. Try to turn it, BINGO rounds the tool! Sumb!tch, ok tried the other extension that matched, SAME thing, rounds the tool. Not rocket science right? Ohh man i called GM tow service (still under warranty) and told the guy what was up he said "That's common" I yelled into the phone 'That's common?!!?!?" he goes "well um not common but i've had a few calls liek that. Dont worry the tow guy will be able to get it down, they'll be out within the hour....) (1230AM)

Needless to say at 130am the tow dude arrives i tell him whats up and he goes "I've no way of getting that thing down" Luckily i had only broken the bead and not had a hole in the tire, we inflated it, and got it all jacked up and back on there. by 2am we were mobile again. Now i've got one more thing to yell at GM about this truck. Here's my list so far for monday to take it in:

1. Motor making fun ticking noise like it's knocking or valves are catching or something. took it to GM they said you're 2qts low on oil, that's why, we'll fill it up ... (dad did oil change prior and HE did it right i know it) Well come to the next oil change and it's 2 low again, dad this time has me witness him doing the oil fil. 2000miles later 2qts low again and motor can stil be heart. He filled it up but WTF and they're trying to put us off saying they cant tear into it...

2. Driver's seat jiggles and rocks due to worn assembly inside, feels like i'm on a roller coaster when i accelerate.

3. Pass side extended cab door locking mechanism wont let you close the door normally, you gotta stick yer hand in there and hold down a catch each time.

4. And finally this lame spare tire issue....

I WANT to so yell at GM, thanks for listening to me vent fellas, just had to get it off my chest after last night and all.
Big69C20 Toy is offline   Reply With Quote