The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-21-2007, 11:02 PM   #1
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

Re: LFD's low buck truck build!

around here they call that a "circle track belt".

carefull on the budget anouncement. if the little lady finds out how cheap it really can be it may come back to haunt ya later. LOL
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:31 PM   #2
Rokcrln

Well today was one of those expensive one's but it will do alot for the build. I called up ECE and spoke with Jerry (very helpfull). I told him about this build and that we are trying to do it for alot less then the average build. He spent alot of time going over parts and prices for me so I could order what I fent was the best bang for the buck. I will post prices when the parts show up with my invoice. First parts were the 2.5" drop spindles and 2" drop springs. Next is a new cargo light switch and new screws for the cargo mounting. I ordered a new set of vent tubes for the heater and A/C vents. Mine are all falling apart so I will replace them and let you know what I find out in the process. Then I will be rebuilding both doors, window felts, window regulators, window scrappers and vent window rebuild kits. I asked about just replacement vents and I was told that they will not sell them because they do not fit very well. I will try and do a full HOW-TO on the vents for others to follow and put it in the FAQ section. Also Jerry told me mmost people will just replace the window regulater because they are $39 new or $18 for just the three rollers needed for one door. But hey for $21 per door I fent it was worth a try and should work out great as long as the wear does not extend beyond the rollers. I also got new door panel mounting screws because half of mine are stripped and will not come out so I will show a few different ways to get this done. Last would be the sway bar bushings so I can get this thing to handle better than a barn door on a windy day All in all it should be about $750 or so but I will list prices and part numbers as we go along. As for the frame and bed chop and shortening this will be done after Project Lemon drop is painted and before "Project Trazer" comes back for its solid chopped roof.

Stay tuned.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:23 AM   #3
extd56

Kevin,

I need the radiator support mounts off the frame for my crew cab truck. Let me know if you still have them and not spoken for. Also if you need some 2 part paint for your floor let me know
extd56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:56 AM   #4
agronomya

Can't wait for you to start your doors. I need to get that done and once I get the old tax refund I'll order up some parts. Good luck with the rest of it and I'm lovin the build.

AA

1969 Chevy LWB-SDPC 350, TH400, old farm truck
http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/agronomya/

2006 Nissan Altima-For my 2000 miles a month
agronomya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:36 PM   #5
Rokcrln

I love seeing packages when I get home! I took the rest of what was left from the parts truck to the scrap yard today and made $34 Then I get home and MR. Brown had stopped by and left me a few gifts. I did not know that ECE had their own spindles made just for them. It was all packed very well and came in three boxes with out damage. Their was also a note letting me know that I had two parts that were back ordered (thanks Jerry). I will be starting on the dash vents first then head onto the doors when I get some free time. I will do the front suspention when I finish up Lemon Drop. So for now they get to keep all my parts in the corner company! I noticed that part of the vent window kit included a blind rivit kit that I will be able to use for part of Lemon Drop's build .

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2007, 11:49 PM   #6
Rokcrln

Well the vent job turned out to be a bigger project than I thought it would be. In order to get to everything I decided to remove the radio (I also wanted to see if the dash was cut at all) an it made it much easier to get to the center vent. I also found that all but one tube was broke in several places and one tube to the center vent was not even their. I also thought it would be a good idea to draw a simple routing for the vents before removing everything. Then I decided to remove the lower duct work so I could clean it out (the water was black that came out of the inside) with warm water and a soft paint brush. Everything worked alot smoother after it was dried. That is about as far as I got tonight and I will try and finish it up on Friday after work. Also one of the best work lights I have come accross so far is this light by Craftsman that my brother got me for Christmass.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2007, 11:53 PM   #7
Rokcrln

I also removed a two guage set up that was under the dash so I could get to the bolts for the controls and I am glad I did. I found a small oil leak that now I can fix before it gets on my new carpet. Then when I removed the lower vent box I found a burned out switch that I will replace one of these days. It is for the A/C side of the system that will not be hoked up for awhile.

Kevin
LFD inc.
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2007, 02:32 AM   #8
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
Also one of the best work lights I have come accross so far is this light by Craftsman that my brother got me for Christmas.
Just so you know its not a 'drop' light. The lens breaks very easily. Guess how I know

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote