The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-09-2012, 02:19 AM   #1
VWNate1

Post Re: how about some pics of inline 6 engines

You're too far away dangit ! .

To - day I found a 1982 with the complete 4.1L 6 Banger , even the air cleaner is there ~ the last time I bought an engine there , it was $250 + tax out the door including everything fan to flywheel .

-Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin thunder View Post
wow okay thanks for the info VWnate1. and the exhaust for sure that was the first to go i went with 3 inch straight side pipes. So with the integrated head i shld be safe to use one? my original head is cracked so im going to buy a replacement because im not trying to make a performance engine or anything just a good running original motor with a little more peppiness than stock nothing major, im not a racer haha and i will do those tuning tricks THANKS!!
VWNate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:15 AM   #2
rollin thunder

Re: how about some pics of inline 6 engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWNate1 View Post
You're too far away dangit ! .

To - day I found a 1982 with the complete 4.1L 6 Banger , even the air cleaner is there ~ the last time I bought an engine there , it was $250 + tax out the door including everything fan to flywheel .

-Nate

dang, if only huh?? you don`t come across anything like that round here all these "good ole boys" trash em and put in v blocks and all kinds of offroading goodies and what not haha so inlines and stock parts don`t last long and go straight to crush or scrapped... but i will say i am at home in chevy country here
2001 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 4wd extended cab dd
rollin thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
VWNate1

Post Re : Parts Hunting

Actually , this means ther's one near you they're dying to be rid of ,you just have togo find it ~ .

I was born & raised a poor boy and learned early on to ' beat the bushes ' .

Here in La La Land it's Hot Rod Central yet there are still L6 engines lying around , tossed behind garages , etc. , etc.

As I'm a dedicated Inliner , my eyes are always open , it used to be I couldn't ever get any interest in the used Inline engines I'd find but these days ($4.00 fuel) more and more folks wake up to the basic facts of life .

-Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin thunder View Post
dang, if only huh?? you don`t come across anything like that round here all these "good ole boys" trash em and put in v blocks and all kinds of offroading goodies and what not haha so inlines and stock parts don`t last long and go straight to crush or scrapped... but i will say i am at home in chevy country here
VWNate1 is offline   Reply With Quote