The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #9
Steve-W

Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

So .. is about time for an update 
In the summer I have done very little because of other things that required more attention , but we're back full on and I have a new deadline : April 2014 the heap must be able to drive .
What did I do in the meantime?
E -brake pedal mounted and connected, brake lines connected , filled and bled ... do not laugh when you see the pictures of the brake lines , it was my first time and its good for now, but I'll redo them some other time. it works and there is room enough .. to be sure I have bought a new brake force distribution , because the Original one was on was not suitable for power-assisted disc brakes .
rear window mounted , I opted for the standard window that was in the new cab and not the slider because I just don't like it
welded all the holes in my doors , primed and painted ... unfortunately we did rush spraying the doors...because you don't see it in the pictures , but they are not, how shall i put this..nice. Anyway, something more for a future winter project.
here is my to do list :
Make the columnshift work , because I have various brackets and rods but just doesn't line up the way I would like . In conjunction with this I think my steering column also is not 100% , but it will be in due course .

Wiring up the truck. I bought a new tree EZ -wiring set and it is easy because on each cable it says what it is ... but then again .. I could use some help , so if anyone is good with wiring and wants a holiday in the Netherlands to help me ..mi casa su casa.

Heater repair and installation , no idea what I 'm going to come across here.
front Windshield mount, I just ordered it , and still have to pick it up.

Doors are painted and now everything can go back together , window mechanism , door handles , rubbers etc etc.

Mount the exhaust, there were two side pipes on it , not my taste, so I want one thick pipe to the back, or two regular sized pipes adjacent to the rear . Will buy some loose bends and pipes and then weld, weld and weld some more.
upholstery, including the seat .. needs to be re-done..gosh I'm sure I'm leaving out a tone of stuff..but we'll start with this and then see what **** can hit the fan.

What do I still have to buy ..
Or new headlights or brackets / holder things if they can be bought seperatly?(where do you buy that ? )
Exhaust silencer ( s )
Steering column ? ( .. parts .. ? )
heater parts
Soundproofing mat , door / floor / dashboard trim
And probably tons of small junk that I forget to mention

Here some pictures :
the doors in color

Wooden steeringwheel sand blasted

puzzle pieces , called gear selector rods and the like

the better brake spaghetti work

there is indeed a new resident in the workshop
1950 GMC 100
1958 Chevy C60 Viking ratrod

Last edited by Steve-W; 11-11-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote