The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2021, 11:58 AM   #4
pjmoreland

Re: 1968 grill. What color ar the shelves behind the chrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgieb51 View Post
Thanks PJMORELAND. I foulndt the brouchres interesting but not neccesarily infomative. Te be specific I tried to find a two tone truck depicted and could maybe find just one and it was a red truck and I could not be sure if it was white I was looking at or whether it was a glare off the roof.

As you say it looks like all the grill areas are pained silver-- I am guessing Argent Silver that Chevy seems to use a lot of.

On the other hand I like the orange pickup depicted next to your name (your Avatar, is that what it is called) and it looks like you carried the orange back onto the shelves. Did you carry the orange back into the engine compartment as well (radiator support, etc)?
The grille that was on my truck when I bought it a little over a year ago had the center horizontal bar cut out of it and it had a chopped up 71-72 egg crate inner grill zip tied in there instead. The turn signals were held in with bailing wire and had no lenses on them. The bumper and the remnants of the original grille were painted a color similar to Argent Silver, but it wasn't original (so were the bed steps and mirror arms). I found an original grille locally and had it painted body color, including the shelves. I left the radiator support and inner fenders black. I second-guess my decision to go with a non-original color scheme from time to time. Personally, I think white looks better than silver on the front of these trucks.
Attached Images

pjmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote