The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-26-2021, 05:42 AM   #1
LT7A

Re: Restoring OEM Seatbelts

If you're not careful, you could make the whole rest of a guy's truck look bad in comparison to those seat belts, haha.
LT7A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 10:59 AM   #2
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
If you're not careful, you could make the whole rest of a guy's truck look bad in comparison to those seat belts, haha.
When I was packing those belts to go to their new home in Texas, I had to stop on last time and stare at how nice they were. They were like new! Almost wanted to keep them for my truck, even though my belts are pretty darn nice too. This particular set, a guy is getting these for his brothers truck, which has been completely restored. The only thing he didn’t like, was the aftermarket belts, which I fully understand that one. So he was getting these for a Christmas Gift for his brother. He knew this would make his brother very happy to have stock belts back in his truck.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:06 PM   #3
TKCR

Here’s a set of 1987 Blue retractors to we’re restored for someone. They didn’t have centers, so I had a set of NOS Buckles & Lap belt, to make it a complete set.
Completely restored. Throughly cleaned and dyed. Mechanisms cleaned and lubed for better retracting. Rust removed from the mounts. The extra mounting tabs were also restored.
Here are the BEFORE Pics.
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2021, 10:11 PM   #4
TKCR

And the AFTER Pics
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2021, 08:45 AM   #5
TKCR

Been working on a set of 1976 Blue seatbelts for someone. He is in the process of restoring a Spirit of 76. So he sent me his belts in hopes of being able to do something with them. At first, I was pretty skeptical. These were in pretty bad shape. Faded, and DIRTY is putting it nicely. Some rust on the mounts, the inner buckles and the upper anchor, since these were chrome. You don’t see too many of these.
So here is what I started with.
Attached Images

Last edited by TKCR; 11-07-2021 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-07-2021, 08:52 AM   #6
TKCR

And so far, this is what I have completed. Mainly just the center belts, buckles and lap belt. Got the rust off the chrome upper anchor.
All these pics are pretty much just doing a through cleaning. I also throughly cleaned the mechanisms and re-lube those.
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2021, 08:56 AM   #7
TKCR

And here are the center buckles and lap belt. They also got new emblems. Now it’s just a matter of getting the retractors back together. I’ll post the completed set ASAP.
Attached Images