The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2006, 09:30 PM   #1
racerman85

Post My 67' LWB small window project truck

Hey guys. I figured i'd post a thread updating you on my project truck.

A little background...

I'm 16, I currently drive a ranger but I purchased a 1967 LWB fleetside C10 complete with all of the patch panels in running shape for $1000. I am rebuilding it for my senior project.

I have experience in welding, fabricating and some bodywork because I also race motocross and my brother, my dad, and I all race Xtreme Stock cars on the dirt oval. I helped build two of our cars, a Camaro and a Malibu.

I have been racing motocross for 12 years, and it is pretty much the center of my life (for the most part).

The truck:

Still on the trailer...

Front end

Still on the trailer...

Bedsides before primer, after using the tripple etch

tailgate and wheelwells after some primer

I was told the cab is virgin, and has never been touched (minus a pathetic attempt at a patch job)

I've got all of the patch panels (both cab corners, both rocker panels, inner rocker panel, and front and rear cab floor supports), along with cab mount kit, matching locks/ignition (yes I kept the originals), and a few other misc. parts. Also included with the truck was an extra set of brake/reverse lenses, the original manual, and an original complete V8 dash w/ all of the gauges and wiring harness.

I have some of the plans (mostly in my head) on what i'm going to do.

I do have a couple questions, along with a small update.

First- If i'm going to do a frame-off restoration, would you recommend bracing the cab when I take it off? Will the cab flex much?

Second- Does anyone know a good boneyard in southcentral PA with any LWB steel or wooden floor beds?
racerman85 is offline   Reply With Quote