The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-05-2005, 03:01 PM   #26
ClassicStyle

Sorry to bump up a older thread, But have you guys ever thought of Low Jack? If the vehicle moves more than 20 feet(running or not) without the transponder that is on your key chain, low jack gets a notice and calls you asking if you athorized your vehicle to be moved, you say no, the Low Jack boxs activates its GPS signal, cops pick up the vehicle in less than 20 minutes.

There is no way to stop your truck from being stolen, so the best thing to do is prepare for the worst, Use hidden stereo equipment, keep stuff locked,Get a removable steer wheel hub, maybe some dead man switches.

But if it gets taken not a whole lot can happen in 20 minutes. The Low Jack also has its own battery, so if the thief unplugs the battery, it will still send its signal, and it takes longer that 20 minutes to find the box.

-Cameron

Last edited by ClassicStyle; 08-05-2005 at 03:05 PM.
ClassicStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 05:50 AM   #27
'68OrangeSunshine

I saw a show recently on TV --History Channel or A&E ? -- about car theft. They said Lo-Jack wasn't effective in all cities. Cops have to have a special reciever set-up w/3 antennae on each car and be trained in its use. They also said a car jacked in Chicago could be in Waukeegan (a suburb) in less than 20 minutes, and once it got there it would be out of range. Or was it jurisdiction?
If it was satellite-tracked that would be a hell of a system, but that could cost a couple of billion. Of course I'm no security expert. I just leave my 85 lb. Shepherd in the cab.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:55 AM   #28
ClassicStyle

Well, Here in Az It doesnt matter where they go, I'll have to look into other places some more. But its all GPS, theres no where they can hide. And its cheaper than 800 buxs. I'd also like to fix what i said, You call the police, not lo jack. They also have a Recovery gaurentee, if your vehicle isnt recovered in 24 hours, they'll refund the price of the lojack system, and the price of your car. haha my dad sells this is stuff a living.

-Cameron
Old 08-06-2005, 08:54 PM   #29
Medicanman71
Account Suspended

heh i was about to think you were the salesmen, why dont you ask your dad and get back to us on that one...
Medicanman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 05:33 AM   #30
'68OrangeSunshine

Hmm. If you'd ever had to deal with the insurance company about the "value" of a '67 Suburban, you'd be a lot more sceptical about advertising boasts.

Old 08-07-2005, 11:24 AM   #31
ClassicStyle

not if you classify it as a collector, you determind the value, they will inspect it and see.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:37 AM   #32
'68OrangeSunshine

But if you go the collector /vintage vehicle route, aren't you limited by law to restricted useage? When I rebuild a truck I want a full bore all out daily driver.

Old 08-08-2005, 11:53 AM   #33
ClassicStyle

according to the DMV website, there is no restrictions, come to think of it, i know a guy with a sky blue 71' that he uses for a daily driver that has a classic car plate. Its one of those things you'll have to sit down and talk to you insurance provider, see what would be the best outcome, i know for me, just stated the "value" i said 6k, beacause thats basically the value of whatever blazer im getting will be, full coverage, and its $55 dollars/month. my dakota is $62 and its a 2wd v6. :-D ahah

I talked to my dad about the lo-jack yesterday, most states in the us are trained and can use/track lo-jack systems, the couple places that havea hard time are the ones with a lot of hills and such. But you and i are fine here in AZ.

-Cameron

Last edited by ClassicStyle; 08-08-2005 at 11:55 AM.
ClassicStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 11:56 AM   #34
mastercraftkpk

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine
But if you go the collector /vintage vehicle route, aren't you limited by law to restricted useage? When I rebuild a truck I want a full bore all out daily driver.

If you insure on a regular policy with a normal carrier (ie..state farm or all state), you will need to fight w/ them re: real value.

If you go through someone like Haggerty and get an agreed upon value policy, you will NOT have problems. This is not an "antique" policy that restricts usage/mileage.

IMO, it's the only way to go, and it's usually cheaper than going w/ a major carrier anyway.

They are not "insurgents"...they're vermin, cowards, and terrorists.

Egon..." I think that they are more interested in my epipedimus."
mastercraftkpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 06:03 AM   #35
'68OrangeSunshine

I will have to look into that, thanks guys.