The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2006, 02:03 PM   #6
Americanrider

Re: current projects

My disk front D-44 is now installed, power steering works Great! My truck steers easier than my '03 Wrangler Jeep. I can go from full stop left to full stop right with 1 finger at a standstill, it's even easier when driving. Also added a new set of Rancho RSX9000 9-way adjustable shocks to the front. I can't say how well they work until the brakes are done I can't drive it very far.

The power brakes are another issue The dual 11" booster mounted up, braced to the lower firewall. Re-located the P-block to the front crossmember like a 75-76 era truck and used most of the lines from same. I plumbed lines to fit but the fan shroud sat on them and bent the (small) feed line for the front axle. Tore it all apart and installed some elbows on the feed lines for better clearance. Now I'm still trying to bleed the system. I worked on it yesterday and I'm getting noting but foam & air bubbles. I have used close to a gallon of brake fluid so far and I'm still not done.

I also re-conditioned my heaterbox while the front clip was off. Fixed the cracks w/epoxy, sanded & painted it and stuck a '76 fan in the hole, my old fan cage was plastic and had a few broken fins from sucking up small sticks & trash. The '76 was a metal cage fan and it blows (in a good way!)
Attached Images

Americanrider is offline   Reply With Quote