The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: 67 hood on a 69-72 LFD style

Hey Rok- Looks awesome! I've been mulling this over in my head a bit and have a few questions for ya if you don't mind...

1) Instead of trimming the inner structure, why not drill out the spot welds and swap over the entire front section?

2) If you were not going for such a tight gap, do you think you could flange the bit of the late hood left and weld the early hood to it where they meet? You might even be able to get away with using panel adhesive.

Just some thoughts, thanks for any help you can offer. Again, this looks great!

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:25 PM   #2
Rokcrln

Re: 67 hood on a 69-72 LFD style

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
Hey Rok- Looks awesome! I've been mulling this over in my head a bit and have a few questions for ya if you don't mind...

1) Instead of trimming the inner structure, why not drill out the spot welds and swap over the entire front section?
No you can not do that because the 69-72 hood is much taller and so is it's suport. The top flat section is very simular but the end is very different. Take a tape to both and you will see the differance.

2) If you were not going for such a tight gap, do you think you could flange the bit of the late hood left and weld the early hood to it where they meet? You might even be able to get away with using panel adhesive.

You might but keep in mind th e69-72 hood is almost vertical at the front lip so it will not meet real well with the early hood but I am sure some hammer work can fix most of that. Personaly I like welding and have not used panel adhesive so I could not say. I am old shcool, I like to melt stuff

Just some thoughts, thanks for any help you can offer. Again, this looks great!
No problem!
Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote