The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-24-2003, 08:43 PM   #1
PHOENIX

Q Logic Boxes installed (2 pics)

Just for those of you who might be interested in getting some of these Q Logic speaker boxes. The boxes are kinda big and do move you closer to the steering wheel. Ill get used to it for now. Until I can get new seats and do the blow-through box setup. Here is the pictures:
Old 01-24-2003, 08:43 PM   #2
PHOENIX

Another

Old 01-24-2003, 08:44 PM   #3
PHOENIX

Last Picture

This is a friend of mines new tatto.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:59 PM   #4
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Boxes look good. This is one thing which really gripes me about these trucks. No room at all behind the seats, unless you move the seat up. Come on GM, would it have killed you to make the interior 2 or 3 inches longer?

What is a friend of your's doing with a tatoo of your nickname?

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 09:02 PM   #5
PHOENIX

Well I dont really have a nickname. So I just picked Phoenix so people would know where I'm from. The tatto is the City of Phoenix's "Logo". Its kinda funny because he lives in Avondale now, which is just outside of Phoenix.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:15 PM   #6
Big Paul
Iamnotanofficerofthelaw

Eddie, what speakers do you have in the boxes? Where can I get a pair?

How do they sound?

'87 S-10 Ext Cab- 2.8L/700r4
KIA Caught fire 12/7/03
Big Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 04:42 PM   #7
PHOENIX

They are the Kenwood 700 watt 12's. You can get them on sale at Circuit City for $119 for a pair (buy one get one free is how they advertise it). Sometimes I think you can find them for $99 a pair. They are good and hit hard. I have had alot of different speakers in this same setup (MTX, Pioness, Rocksford (?), Kenwood, Kicker, and a few others). Out of all of them these Kenwoods sound the best in this configuration. Kenwood also makes a better small enclosure speaker, which hits alot harder and can be used in a smaller box, but they cost more and I cant remember how much.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:24 PM   #8
Big Paul
Iamnotanofficerofthelaw

Eddie, so the speaker came with the box? Not a bad deal. But 1 get 1 free.

KIA Caught fire 12/7/03
Old 01-27-2003, 02:39 AM   #9
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Eddie,
I had the same problem. I raised my bench seat by using some cut unistrut. Worked like a charm.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:06 PM   #10
PHOENIX

You know what G. I seen you post that many times and never really thought you did it for speaker clearance. Do you have any pictures of what you did? Im pretty sure I understand, but pictures speak1000 words. You just kinda made spacers right? I think I will give that a try, these boxes moved my seat up just a hair more then the boxes they replaced. But that hair is noticable.

Paul the speakers did not come with the box. The speakers you could get new on sale for around $100 to $120 a pair. The boxes themselves are $140 or so a pair with shipping. I got a great deal on the speakers though. I bought them and an amp at circuit city on sale and got the speakers buy one get one free and then got a $200 Sony Explode amp for $70, because I bought the speakers. I actually bought the speakers because of the deal with the amp. Now I have 2 extra 12's sittin around incase these blow.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:27 PM   #11
Myride

looks good
Myride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 08:59 PM   #12
Big Paul
Iamnotanofficerofthelaw

Awesome Eddie, I was more curious about the boxes though.

I've got 2 10's and an amp sitting here at home, and I need a box and i'll be set.

So now, where'd you get the boxes?

KIA Caught fire 12/7/03
Old 01-27-2003, 09:47 PM   #13
bigd65

well thats all fine and dandy and looks good to, but at 6'3 and 265 pounds, i cant afford to move the seat up. i was thinking of a way i can move it B A C K more
Old 01-27-2003, 11:03 PM   #14
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Eddie,
The unistut actually works like a spacer. The seat is raised about 1.5 inches. This way I don't feel like I'm driving a lowered truck. The steering wheel is also not in my chest. I do have a pic somewhere. I know I've posted it before. If I find it I'll e-mail it to you. My seat goes all the way back as allowed by the stock mechanism.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:58 AM   #15
87gmc
I Got My Engine!!!!!

you should be able to buy pre-fab boxes like that at you local audio store for about 70-100 bucks a pair.
1987 GMC HIGH SIERRA LWB 1500

32X11.50
383 TBI/Vortec Heads/Intake
MSD Ignition
Dual Exhaust
Custom Pinstriping
Sweet interior & stereo
http://www.cgalvin29.freehomepage.com
87gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 12:49 PM   #16
PHOENIX

These boxes are nice and you would have to see the construction to understand why they get $70 a peice for them. They are miter joints and the speaker sits down into the box. Very good construction. I have had a pair in the past that were great, but they were stolen. I called around town to check on box prices. I could have saved myself about $25 and got some here in town, but they did not have the speaker recessed into the box, with such a thick peice of wood to screw into. I should have taken a few pictures of the boxes themselves to show you guys. Next time I take the speakers out, Ill shoot some pictures of the boxes.

I bought them from www.thezeb.com. They were good to do business with except I was missing some parts and it was kind of a pain to get them. But I got them in about a week after I contacted them. They make these same boxes for 10's too. There are a few different sizes, smaller 10's and larger 10's.

GCHEM: I would really like to see how you did it before I do mine. Im gonna play with the idea this weekend. You said you used Uni-Strut type material? What size was it, 1.5" (wide or tall)?
Old 01-30-2003, 03:33 PM   #17
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Eddie,
Here are the pictures of the spacers I used to raise my seat.

Old 01-30-2003, 04:00 PM   #18
PHOENIX

I would try that, except I forgot that I broke one of the welded nuts that the seat bolts into. The front passenger side seat bracket was cut to get the bolt out after the nut weld broke. Another reason I need a new seat. I may still try to work something similar out. We have some uni-strut in the shop and some rectnagular steel tubing also. The tubing isnt as thick though. I think Ill give the uni-strut a try next time I have the seat out. Ill try to drop a good toggle down into the hole with the missing nut, atleast that way Ill have something there.

How high exactly did it move your seat up?
My arm rests perfect on the door, and I would hate to loose that.

Thanks again for the pictures!
Eddie