The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-04-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
sdailey
The Few, The Proud

Re: Project - '69 4x4 named "Patches"

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgross View Post
I have a all the floor patches for sale if you need any, I can't see pics at work so hopefully your tank came out ok...
Mike,

What brand patches do you have? Tri-Plus? PM me a list and prices on what you have. I was a little disappointed with the over all quality of the tank. There were small things that we spelled out in my drawings that didn't happen, but no biggie. I can correct those issues myself.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #2
msgross

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdailey View Post
Mike,

What brand patches do you have? Tri-Plus? PM me a list and prices on what you have. I was a little disappointed with the over all quality of the tank. There were small things that we spelled out in my drawings that didn't happen, but no biggie. I can correct those issues myself.
That sucks about the tank, I had a few small issues but they won't affect the installation. Did you contact Dave? Overall im pretty happy, especially for the price. Let me check on the panels. I purchased the panels from Jerry at the TN truck shop. He usually only sells the best parts, since he builds trucks himself. What city are you in? I might be driving to lower AL again next month...
1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
sdailey
The Few, The Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgross View Post
That sucks about the tank, I had a few small issues but they won't affect the installation. Did you contact Dave? Overall im pretty happy, especially for the price. Let me check on the panels. I purchased the panels from Jerry at the TN truck shop. He usually only sells the best parts, since he builds trucks himself. What city are you in? I might be driving to lower AL again next month...
I'm happy with my tank overall as well. I just don't understand why he didn't deburr the holes he drilled before he welded the nipples and filler on. So now I have to figure out a way to deburr them and get all of the shavings out. The worst place is where he made the 45 deg. joint on the filler neck. There is at least an 1/8th burr in the joint if not more. Maybe he forgot to clean them up when he finished, because all of the holes were not cleaned up. Anyway, enough on that subject. I live in Ball Ground which is @ 45-50 miles due north of Atlanta.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:34 AM   #4
sdailey
The Few, The Proud

Progress has been a little slow as of late, but I guess that keeps me from getting burnt out.

I'm planning on installing a hydraulic clutch setup when I get everything put back together, so I contacted Novak Conversions inquiring about their hydraulic clutch kits. Their website listed a few bellhousings that their kit would bolt right up to, but it didn't list mine. I sent them a picture of my bellhousing and they informed me that I needed to have one boss (red square) on my bell housing machined down to match the thickness of the other bolt holes (blue square).

I went to a machine shop that we use for work and they were able to machine the boss for me for free no less. (Sorry for the bad angle)

I have went back to Novak's website since having the machine work done and was surprised to see my bellhousing pictured on their site with a new paragraph describing how to modify a cast bellhousing. So now I'm just patiently waiting for the royalty checks to start coming in so I can pay for my build.

Scroll down about half way on Novak's website to see my pic and their hydraulic kit.

http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/kit_hcrc.htm
Old 09-17-2008, 08:45 AM   #5
sdailey
The Few, The Proud

Last week I got a good deal on some new sheetmetal off of craigslist which consisted of the parts below. This deal got me fired up even more to hurry up and finish this build.

(2) Goodmark 68-72 SWB Bedsides LH/RH
(2) Goodmark 67-71 Doors LH/RH
(2) Tri Plus 67 Fenders LH/RH
(2) 67-68 Original Grilles in excellent condition