The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-24-2009, 06:47 AM   #1
vtblazer

Re: Custom bumpers

Any new info here...?

Did the guy ever really admit that he sent you the wrong bumper at least?
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:53 PM   #2
swyfor5

Hey, I got the two tubes I was waiting for from him via UPS yesterday. They look like I can make it work the way I want it to be. And to answer your question, no he never did admit that it was his fault at all. It was from April 8 2009 when I ordered the bumper, till July 23rd 2009 before I even got the tubes resembling the prerunner/grill guard setup I wanted. Now I have to cut the original outer tubes off, clean it up good, and have the new tubes welded on where I want them. Not to mention repainting it all! I see an upside to this situation, I am going to set the tubes up so I have room to mount 2 old school KC highlight offroad lights I have toward the center tube. Got the warn winch sitting here, and it will work with KNMTN's design. I like the low profile look of the bumper, and it will work good with my high lift setup. I can tell YOU ALL right now, I will not be ordering a Hitcher rear bumper or anything else from Kennesaw Mountain. I'm going camping with the whole famdamily soon, so now that I actually have the right tubes, when I get back, I'll concentrate on fabbing this bumper the way I want it to look on my K5! I will post up pic's of the progress asap! Thank's for being so patient guy's!
swyfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
swyfor5

Sorry, nothing new here. got the tubes I need to refab the grill guard, but want to wait till I get the K5 out of storage to see what I'll need to mount it up to the front frame. I want to get all the welding done at the same time, so I can proceed to paint and mount.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:39 PM   #4
swyfor5

Here's the tubes Kyle sent me, looks like they'll work. Going to wait until I break the K5 out of storage to redesign the welding. That way I know it is the way I want it. On vacation Sunday to Sunday, y'all have a good one!
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #5
swyfor5

Oh yah! Back from vacation. Spent 8 days on the Muskegon river with the wife, my three girls, my 2 German Shepards, all the inlaws, and thier kids, friends, and thier friends, and everybody else. WOW, feels good to be home. Gotta go back to work tomorrow and rest up! Going to hit Dad up this week about freeing up space for the K5, so I can mount up this wincher bumper, and warn winch. The tubes I got from KNMTM should weld up the way I want the grill/guard to look. Anybody else got any feedback on KNMTM AC?
Old 08-14-2009, 05:36 PM   #6
swyfor5

Back to "custom bumpers', bro's! Now that I have the front bumper ready to refab and mount, I am looking for some new ideas on custom rear bumpers. I have seen a couple nice setups so far, like Burt 4x4's and etc. Anybody designed a new one for a first gen lately? Looking for a spare tire carrier mount for a 40" plus tire and possible other additions. I definitely will not be ordering one from Kennesaw Mountain Accessories! Thinking more like a design I can customize to my liking, and have built close to home. I do want the spare mounted fairly low, as to not restrict rearward visiblity. Oh what a wish list eh? Any ideas or pic's guy's?
Old 08-18-2009, 03:37 PM   #7
swyfor5

I often wonder why more aftermarket companys don't cater to the first gen crowd. There seems to be a good bunch of us "customers" out here, just looking for good products, made just for these models! Anything new here guy's?