The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2009, 01:49 AM   #7
'72customdeluxe

Re: Made some more power today

Yeah, but any new motor is a ways off. Still got body resto and I would have to get the trans and rear built. For now i'm saving my coin on headers and 2.5 inch duals (would go 2.25 with my wuss motor, but with crush bent that's a little small), h-pipe and some Classic Chambered mufflers, one rectangle Camaro tip right before each tire under the step. Should sound like a '69 dz 302 or 396/375 Chevelle with the chambered exhaust option and half as much compression tweak on the quad some more to compensate for my headers and then move on to 4.10's and a tru-trac. Wouldn't be a race truck or even near a tweaked 5.3 silvy by any means, but enough to lay the smack down on many a ricer. Maybe a cheap converter if I decide to regasket the motor, it runs good enough to warrant that and a repaint. Plus my front trans seal is leaking like they all do. But my stock converter only gets up to 1300 rpm on the brake