The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2010, 01:49 AM   #5
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Re: carb help

Couple of things here. The one thing we don't know about is going to have the biggest part in your VE which is your heads. I think they use a default figure of around 80% or a little higher depending on your motor config. Careful not to go too big with the carb. The 177 is a small blower compared to the 6/71 + lungs. I'm too tired to look it up tonight but what you really need to look into is if you are going to need an external booster ref PV carb (a supercharger carb) on that style blower. I know it's a must for the 6/71 style but I'm not sure on the smaller ones. It's important for your carb's PV to get it's signal from BELOW the blower and not above it. It will have a big affect on it's streetability. You're probably going to need a little more fuel than a 600 but not sure about the 850. That 1 9/16th venturi is not the most streetable carb. A well built 750, which has 1 3/8th will feed a bunch of motor. You also don't have to spend the $$$ on a blower carb. You can have the PV area in the main body accessed for a port.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you need to get with someone local that understands blower carbs so this thing will see it's full potential!
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote