The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-18-2010, 03:05 AM   #1
TJSc20

Re: 12" Sub RMS Power question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett09 View Post
Just to be clear if you are hooked to the factory wiring there isn't a stereo in the world that will give you 50 watts rms, it's mathematically impossible. At best you will get 25-30 watts rms.

Also would you mind linking these 120 dollar 1000 watt rms amps. I'll buy 2 tomorrow.....no joke.
i know, im just saying thats what theyre rated at...

audiopipe apsm1300, its an awesome amp...

http://www.vminnovations.com/product...Amplifier.html

mine is currently running 1ohm
even cheaper than i posted, it never gets hot, it sounds real clean, i love it.

Last edited by TJSc20; 07-18-2010 at 03:06 AM.
TJSc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
Bad70sbchevy

Thanks Brett09, I'll probably wire the subs that way for now (they are 4ohm per speaker). Just out of curiosity, will these subs still "hit" decently on 50rms (The amp produces 300W peak power)? Like I said before I ain't lookin for the loudest truck on the block, just somethin with some decent bass.
Bad70sbchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
Brett09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70sbchevy View Post
Thanks Brett09, I'll probably wire the subs that way for now (they are 4ohm per speaker). Just out of curiosity, will these subs still "hit" decently on 50rms (The amp produces 300W peak power)? Like I said before I ain't lookin for the loudest truck on the block, just somethin with some decent bass.
As long as everything the manufacturers spec on both the subs and amp are correct and the subs are in a proper sized box then they should sound fine.
Brett09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #4
33shooter

The way I understand amplifiers is this. Your amp will be 2 ohm stable in stereo, but not bridged. If you bridge it, it is technically running in 2 ohms, and that's how the power output is increased. So, running it bridged, with the speakers wired in series, is still 4 ohms. Pretty much the same as running it in stereo. Only difference is, with it bridged, you will get all the signal to both speakers, and not partial stereo separation.

Thats how I understand things, and I've been wrong before. So I would run it bridged in series. You'll get a little better output bass wise as they will be running the same thing at the same time. This will increase db's also, though not much.
33shooter is offline   Reply With Quote