The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
HOGDADDY

Are nos fenders still available?

A guy on capnkaos site and I were debating this and I said there are no 81-87G.M. fenders available but he insists if you pluck down $1000 they will get you some?

http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/sm...topic=17245.15

I am basing my info on 2 sites Gmpartsdirect and gmpartsgiant that both say out of stock.
I know there is a G.M. parts guy on this forum so how about it are these still available?

Heck if someone offered me $1000 or even less I will sell my nos fenders to ya in a heartbeat!

Last edited by HOGDADDY; 08-25-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:50 AM   #2
sixshooter798
Desert Rat

Re: Are nos fenders still available?

I don't know about 81-87, but when I was doing the bodywork on my truck I was told that I received one of the last 73-80 GM fenders.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:06 AM   #3
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

can't be, they told me that a few years ago too and i got the last full sub boxside too lol
Old 08-25-2010, 05:06 PM   #4
HOGDADDY

OK here is an update*

I called my friend at G.M. parts just a little while ago and he said 81-87 fenders have been discontinued and if you are familar with the GM parts locator, that means no G.M. dealership in the country has any 81-87 fenders.

However there are still some floating around in individuals garages and basements that are still in the box and sometimes ya get lucky.

Last edited by HOGDADDY; 08-25-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:36 PM   #5
78 Chevyrado
Account Suspended

If you want to find any at the dealerships, goto the OLD dealers with the OLD guys working there... every once in a while they have stuff in the back thats NOT in the system but the guy knows it's there because he worked there when the parts where ordered... havent found a young guy yet that can do that. But if they dont know its there, you have no hope whatsoever of finding it. Otherwise it's ebay or various parts suppliers all the way... Alot of these aftermarket suppliers have NOS, (not GM licensed) stuff available... I can think right off the top of my head where to get 77-79 grilles, Chevy tailgates, and misc other stuff at these aftermarket places. At the aftermarket places, its totally hit or miss. they have it or they dont and just because they have it now doesnt mean they will later, and just because they dont have it now doesnt mean they wont tomorrow.

The art of having a thourobred truck is dependant on searching and hunting and trading skills. swap meets help too though...haha
Old 08-25-2010, 05:42 PM   #6
HOGDADDY

Sure Classic Parts has many nos items I recently got some nos door panels from them.
I am not looking for nos fenders btw I have a set bought for $300 on Craigslist but was only looking cause the other guy kept insisting they were available if one was willing to pluck down $1000 at parts counter.

Those parts dealers also do inventory's every so often so imho it would be hard not to find some fenders even in back corner of a dealership but I guess anything is possible but highly unlikely.

Last edited by HOGDADDY; 08-25-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #7
C-10 simplex
Account Suspended

Let's say NOS fenders could be found:

1) How much would you pay for them?
Old 08-25-2010, 05:59 PM   #8
HOGDADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-10 simplex View Post
Let's say NOS fenders could be found:

1) How much would you pay for them?
Well considering the passenger doors are close $500 I reckon the last selling price before they were discontinued to be about same price.

I would pay $400 because I can get discount from my friend at parts counter and would glady pay this amount IF they were not discontinued and needed some without having strip some used fenders it would save lotsa work.

Last edited by HOGDADDY; 08-25-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:14 PM   #9
78 Chevyrado
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOGDADDY View Post
Sure Classic Parts has many nos items I recently got some nos door panels from them.
I am not looking for nos fenders btw I have a set bought for $300 on Craigslist but was only looking cause the other guy kept insisting they were available if one was willing to pluck down $1000 at parts counter.

Those parts dealers also do inventory's every so often so imho it would be hard not to find some fenders even in back corner of a dealership but I guess anything is possible but highly unlikely.

Hey dude..... do you just have to be right and get the last word... I said thats how it works, it works that way for me... that all there is to it, period... Or are you straight out telling me I'm full of crap?
Old 08-25-2010, 06:16 PM   #10
HOGDADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter798 View Post
I don't know about 81-87, but when I was doing the bodywork on my truck I was told that I received one of the last 73-80 GM fenders.
How long ago was that I am curious?
Old 08-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #11
HOGDADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78 Chevyrado View Post
Hey dude..... do you just have to be right and get the last word... I said thats how it works, it works that way for me... that all there is to it, period... Or are you straight out telling me I'm full of crap?
Just stating how things work at G.M. parts you don't have get your undies in a wad.

I believe you are the same guy on the other site also because you have same screenname. Obviously trying to stir up some stuff here.

On that site you say you bought some 73-80 fenders at a dealership a couple of weeks ago show me the invoice and prove me wrong?

Last edited by HOGDADDY; 08-25-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #12
78 Chevyrado
Account Suspended

I'm just messing with ya... you're too serious about an insignificant issue dude. you're not gonna make any friends with your "know-it-all attitude though...

Just why do you care so much that we all think you're right? forums dont work that way dude, you EARN people believeing what you say....

And yes I've been going to both site, every day for years now...

Last edited by 78 Chevyrado; 08-25-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #13
SBTork
Garage wrench

I've checked on this a time or two and yes, they're discontinued. Kenny is dead on though. We have a dealership 'bout 15 miles from us, an old Chevy dealer, and their inventory is not even online, meaning there is no way of knowing what they have unless you call them and ask them. They have a TON of old junk. They also have a few semi trailers in the back lot full of new and used old parts. I know a few of the parts guys there and have been meaning to check and see what they have but I have not done that yet, need to. It's entirely possible that in a small town, an old dealer may have some in house.
Early this year I was looking for some parts upstairs in our parts department and stumbled across a NOS LH bedside to fit 81-87 Longbox trucks. It was awesome, like finding treasure. It had not been in our system for at least 5 years, but was still there. I got it for a good price, so had to buy it. I think sometimes things like that happen for whatever reason, but it never hurts to ask.
I don't think $1,000 would get them for you, but if you wanted them bad enough, the $1K you lay on the counter will make someone think twice if they know someone/somewhere that has them

90 V1500 GMC Suburban 350/700R4/NP241.....
01 Saturn SL1 stock DD.....
Old 08-25-2010, 07:49 PM   #14
baclay9

What would be the reason for paying that much for fenders? I am seriously asking. Why not just buy some off of a truck that is being parted out and strip them down?
Old 08-25-2010, 08:24 PM   #15
HOGDADDY

Quote:
I'm just messing with ya... you're too serious about an insignificant issue dude. you're not gonna make any friends with your "know-it-all attitude though...

Just why do you care so much that we all think you're right? forums dont work that way dude, you EARN people believeing what you say....

And yes I've been going to both site, every day for years now...
I usually try to be helpfull as much as possible just look at all my previous posts here. I am also a very straight forward honest guy not too mention I am 49 years old, if someone asks me about a part I am gonna tell em exactly like it is.

Yes nos fenders are discontiued and this question deserves to be answered honestly because this is the kind of things discussed on a truck forum for people interested in getting the best possible part for that restoration.

I could honestly care less what you or anyone else thinks.

You were trying to make me look bad and possibly banned from these 2 sites until I busted you about the nos fenders you said you purchased. Then you act like it was some joke well thats not my kind of joke there and I am sure others would agree.

You aint fooling nobody here and I only hope you have learned something here!

You even went as far as saying I was calling you a liar on other site when in fact I never did.

Last edited by HOGDADDY; 08-25-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:41 PM   #16
f.monroe

The short answer is that they are no longer officially available through GM. They are available from some folks that just happen to have a few laying around and I am sure that some dealerships have some left they have written off of inventory years ago .The best way to find them is search sites like ebay and craigslist. I am sure there are others also. I have seen questions turn into disagreements on the boards before . I have been part of a couple. I suggest that you do what I do and stray away from this thread . Let it go .It took me a long time to realize that arguing really just angers me .
Frank

Last edited by f.monroe; 08-25-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:11 PM   #17
78 Chevyrado
Account Suspended

Quote:
I usually try to be helpfull as much as possible just look at all my previous posts here. I am also a very straight forward honest guy not too mention I am 49 years old, if someone asks me about a part I am gonna tell em exactly like it is.

Yes nos fenders are discontiued and this question deserves to be answered honestly because this is the kind of things discussed on a truck forum for people interested in getting the best possible part for that restoration.

I could honestly care less what you or anyone else thinks.

You were trying to make me look bad and possibly banned from these 2 sites until I busted you about the nos fenders you said you purchased. Then you act like it was some joke well thats not my kind of joke there and I am sure others would agree.

You aint fooling nobody here and I only hope you have learned something here!

You even went as far as saying I was calling you a liar on other site when in fact I never did.

Yeah I'll stop F..... You're not the only human who knows GM dealer parts people. Agree to disagree dude. If you don't wanna get messed with, polish up that thing you call telling it like it is... drill instructors tell it like it is too, but most people would slap the crap out of one of them off base... unpleasantness, son.

The other site is 73-87ct's a full report will be available at the receptionist desk.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:19 PM   #18
Sabaka454

Quote:
Do you know what NOS means? It means NEW OLD STOCK. Although the part number may be discontinued it doesn't mean there isn't new old stock in several dealerships and parts warehouses. Most of them YES DEALERSHIPS sell them on eBay and Craigslist or they sell off their old inventory in pot luck lots. What exactly is the point of this stupid arguement that you are carrying over onto two respecatable Chevy Truck sites?
Old 08-25-2010, 09:20 PM   #19
S10Fan
Old Heap Driver

Some of the aftermarket companies snatched up the NOS stuff from the dealers over the years.

I picked up an NOS in the box hood off Craig's List a couple months ago. The guy was also selling a fender and right door, all NOS. I didn't need the fender or the door so I passed. I didn't want to buy them and be the guy a couple years from now trying to sell a slightly damaged fender and door on eBay. I'm having enough trouble keeping the hood out of danger. LOL.

'99 Silverado 1500, 4.3, 5-speed, reg cab, short bed
'50 Chevy 2DR Hard Top, 350/350, M2 Front End, 3:08 gear, cruiser.
'40 F**d Sedan, all Chevy power, Heidt's front end, TCI rear, nice driver.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:20 PM   #20
bigblock73
yeller

I picked up 2 NOS fenders on CL, out of the box, but with stickers on them still...for $100 each.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:37 PM   #21
HOGDADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaka454 View Post
Do you know what NOS means? It means NEW OLD STOCK. Although the part number may be discontinued it doesn't mean there isn't new old stock in several dealerships and parts warehouses. Most of them YES DEALERSHIPS sell them on eBay and Craigslist or they sell off their old inventory in pot luck lots. What exactly is the point of this stupid arguement that you are carrying over onto two respecatable Chevy Truck sites?
This is your 4th post here and yet you make crazy assumptions that I don't know what nos means without knowing anything about me?

My house is full of nos 67 and 80 camaro and 86 chevy truck stuff.I have every nos piece of sheetmetal for a 67 camaro xcept trunk lid and including quarters + whole frontend nos. not counting a crapload of small pieces.

I have lots nos 80 camaro parts including nos talilight bezels that everyone wants plus a nos steering wheel and fenders and bumper cover+ reinforcement.

I have lots nos truck parts- dash, fenders, door panels.

No I have no idea what nos means?

This started when Fitz said nos fenders were still available and I said they aren't but he insisted so I pressed for the facts.

Last edited by HOGDADDY; 08-25-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:42 PM   #22
HOGDADDY

Quote:
Yeah I'll stop F..... You're not the only human who knows GM dealer parts people. Agree to disagree dude. If you don't wanna get messed with, polish up that thing you call telling it like it is... drill instructors tell it like it is too, but most people would slap the crap out of one of them off base... unpleasantness, son.

The other site is 73-87ct's a full report will be available at the receptionist desk.
Is this a threat?

Last edited by HOGDADDY; 08-25-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:54 PM   #23
HOGDADDY

Btw I am making use of the ignore feature here as to avoid any more conflict.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:32 PM   #24
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Btw I am making use of the ignore feature here as to avoid any more conflict.
That won't be necessary because this topic is closed.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Closed Thread