The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-06-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
yelmer

Re: Got a coil spring question for you guys

my c 20 has these springs but the do not touch . you cannot get these springs from any spring company they say the sell them, but they are completely different . not the tight coil setup
yelmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:28 AM   #2
PAPA KENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelmer View Post
my c 20 has these springs but the do not touch . you cannot get these springs from any spring company they say the sell them, but they are completely different . not the tight coil setup
yes your right, 20-30 years ago you would see these quite a bit when 3/4 tons were seen daily.miller92's springs have sagged and compressed over the years.when i bought my 62 they had standard 1/2 t springs that someone did a piss poor job of heating and lowering so i put a pair of the heavy duty springs under it and it was a little to stiff for me anymore so i opted for a (light duty) standard set.i just figured i would keep these around in case i change my mind.
PAPA KENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
Miller92

Thanks for all the info guys, yall have been a big help!
I'm currently trying to find some springs that went under the 2wd 3/4 ton pickups and hopefully that'll raise it a bit. I knew the truck looked lower than normal but never did check it out. Now I know why. The front is a lil lower than I like but I can't change them myself so those will have to wait a while. Only 3/4 ton springs I've found so far are in LMC for $70. Didn't seem too bad to me but imma try to find some for cheaper first. You guys know what year springs will work for these pickups?
Miller92 is offline   Reply With Quote