The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
66-PMD-GMC
The 60-66 GMC/Pontiac guy....

Re: !965 Chevy C-10 Take 2: Project Tanya

42749 Crystal Green is a dead ringer for my trucks color.
However, I am leaning heavy toward painting it cameo white with a fawn interior (stock color now)
Not sure where I am going with the 63 prostreet truck.

Building Genuine Pontiac Firepowered cars and trucks for several decades.

Why Pontiac?? That's just me daring to be different.

Projects..

63 C10 Short Wheel Base fleetside (The Pro-Street) currently under reconstruction.
440CID 2X4 Pontiac
66-PMD-GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:40 AM   #2
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Spent a lot of time this weeken hanging with my car club, so I didn't get a whole lot of work done on the pickup. I did come across a very interesting proposition for an engine swap into the truck though....it came as a suggestion from a fellow club member and good friend after I told him I was just going to throw the 350 from my Camaro into the truck. I'm going to keep it under wraps for the time being in case it doesn't work out, but if it comes together it is gonna be sick, I promise you all that.

I did get a little time today before work to get some work done. I got the rear end pulled out of my parts truck and got started on cleaning it up to swap in my Tanya. Didn't get it all cleaned up yet, had to clean up to go to work, but I did make quite a dent in it. Here's a couple shots from today.

Just out of the parts truck:

Name:  axle2.jpg
Views: 956
Size:  35.0 KB

And cleaned up a bit just before I left for the evening:

Name:  axle1.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  27.6 KB

As always, more to come soon.....
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:00 AM   #3
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Progress on Tanya has come to a halt for the time being (as if my progress is anything but severely slow to begin with). For the past couple of weeks my car club and I have been traveling out of town for some smaller car shows, and since Tanya can't hold speed above 60 MPH, I've been taking the Camaro with me. Also last weekend when we got back from the show I took Tanya out for a cruise, which included a stop in a local drive through for some late lunch. As I was placing my order Tanya was struck in the tailgate buy an older fellow in a Jeep. Neither myself or the old guy were injured and even his Jeep bumper seemed fine, however Tanya was no so lucky. She suffered a dented tailgate that is tweeked bad enough that it sits crooked in the bed and doesn't want to hinge properly anymore. Also the driver's window has been knocked of track (could be broken parts too, I haven't looked yet). So now she sits, waiting for the old fellow's insurance company to come out and tell me what they are going to do about it. I wish they would hurry up, I'm itching to get back to work and I need to get that bare metal covered back up before the snow start falling.

On the positive side, I had a friend give me a really good 4 bolt main 350 engine he used to run in his Camaro. Said when he pulled it out it was just beginning to smoke a little, and he was just putting a new crate motor in so he could sell the car. Of course this was a little over 10 years ago, but he has kept this engine well covered and stashed away through the years. He just said he wanted it gone and offered it to me. So I guess Tanya is going to get a SBC after all......
Old 10-06-2011, 06:17 AM   #4
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Oh, and for anyone I left hanging from that last post.....the engine proposition I got was a Caddy 500 and TH400 trans. Would have been cool, but the guy who offered it to me forgot he had already given it away a couple years ago. I like the idea though, a Caddy engine in my pickup would be sweet. If I stumble across another one before I start working on this new small block a Caddy engine still could be in Tanya's future.

Again: this was the engine swap for Tanya, the Camaro is still going to happen.

Last edited by fryer1979; 10-06-2011 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
McMurphy

FYI...
I check this thread every day.
Looking, hoping for some updates.
I bet you are busy

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:18 AM   #6
redneck6

i hear he has been slacking off , messing with caddys and turned in to a zombie .
redneck6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:58 AM   #7
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Lol, thanks McMurphy. Yes I have been very busy the last few weeks. My DD (a 2002 S-10 Blazer) broke down on me and left me stranded one weekend, and I've been swamped with parties, club meets, and all manor of other projects....so not much has been done with Tanya. I'm really hoping to get some work done on her this week and weekend, but I've been hearing rain is in the cards so I'll have to see what comes. And yes, Redneck6 and I both became zombies for the annual downtown Reno Zombie Crawl just this past Saturday night. Hard to work on the pickup after quitting drinking at 5 am....

Hopefully I'll have some updates to post soon.