The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-28-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
nicke

Re: 1960 Biscayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
Hey Nicke, thanks for the list of sources. This is the fun part of getting a different kind of car - tracking down all the sources and learning about them. I didn't get my first 67-72 truck until a couple of years ago and ran across this site doing research. This place has been a real treasure trove of info, and now it even is a great source for these cars too.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree! Let me know if you ever need help tracking down a part. I bought my impala when I was 16, and have learned of quite a bit of "unpublished" sources for parts over the years, especially near me. Happy to help if needed!

Classic Nation
My classic car videos
nicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
crawdadfox

Location: New Orleans Louisiana.....a great place to visit but you wouldn't want to live here!!!
Re: 1960 Biscayne

My motor was bone stock including the valve cover Blue Flame stencil. The inner fenders were repainted but everything else was OG. I detailed the engine bay on a 61 Bel Air with a Blue Flame and used a decal i bought off ebay and original color engine paint from Hersh and it came out great. If you decide to put original seat covers or interior i would use Cars Inc. they are probably the best and most accurate on the market. I deal with Hubbards, Impala Bobs for alot of nick nacks. I bagged this car along with 13" CPP front discs and dropped spindles. The first pic was with 20x8 1/2's in front and a 245/35/20 Nitto 555 and a 20x10 out back with a 275/35/20. After looking at the car for a while i changed to a 18x8 Front wheel and a 225/40/18 tire...which i like the staggered look alot better! The great thing about the 58-64 big Chevs is they are so easy to bag on the cheap and they ride super! Thats why i'm allways looking for more of them since i can't seem to find a 67-68 short wide!! I dont want to keep posting my junk in your thread...but heres a pic. with the 18's on the front. PM me if you have questions or if i can help.
Attached Images

Last edited by crawdadfox; 09-28-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: crs
crawdadfox is offline   Reply With Quote