The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-19-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
padresag

Re: 65 Burb body mounts

classic industries has them listed as 69-72. the earlier ones supecedes up to 69-72 and was used up to about 2000 in blazers
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
RoyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by padresag View Post
classic industries has them listed as 69-72. the earlier ones supecedes up to 69-72 and was used up to about 2000 in blazers
ron
sorry to hi-jack, but will be looking for same. Don't see on classic industries website the mounts you are referring to? http://www.classicindustries.com/truck/parts/g2423.html
Old 11-19-2011, 09:29 PM   #3
Crazy Rusty

Smile Re: 65 Burb body mounts

I was wondering the same thing but I think I am going to get the pack of rounds and see how it goes. I generally buy from lmc so I'm going with this kit - http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cb/full.aspx?Page=37. We'll see how it goes
Crazy Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
RoyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Rusty View Post
I was wondering the same thing but I think I am going to get the pack of rounds and see how it goes. I generally buy from lmc so I'm going with this kit - http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cb/full.aspx?Page=37. We'll see how it goes
Which kit? Part # 30-0131 BODY MOUNTING KIT-70PC?
Old 11-21-2011, 04:03 PM   #5
Crazy Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyL View Post
Which kit? Part # 30-0131 BODY MOUNTING KIT-70PC?
Thats the one I bought. I put the body back on the frame (without mounts at the moment, had to get it off the rotisserie) so as soon as I get them in I'll attempt to install them and take some pics.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #6
padresag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Rusty View Post
it would be the way to go if one knew if they fit(looks basically as the one 67-72 kit from classic ind.). it would be good if one could get measurements of the g=height of the upper insulators and what size that they are where they fir into the corresponding holes in the frame mounts; but you could always modify that hole to work properly
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:18 AM   #7
Carryallnuts

I used the 69-72 style. The holes in those are larger, so I enlarged the holes in the steel frame mounts. I then made a steel spacer, just like original, but the same diameter as the 67-72 mounts. I made 10 all together, but 2 of them were longer than the other 8. In retrospect I would have installed them without the extra trouble of making spacers. I don't see them moving once they are installed and tight and I could have glued them down. Or I would have gone to a place in El Cajon, Cal. that sells everything and anything rubber and I would have made my own. They are a little over 9/10 of an inch with a vulcanized piece of rectangular steel that is 1/8 of an inch thick. I played around with making urethane ones but i did not like how rigid they were. Mine's a 4x4 so I wanted a bit more flex and I was afraid that it would create stress cracks in the body. For the front ones you can use truck mounts and you are 20% there.
Carryallnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #8
Crazy Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by padresag View Post
ron
Thanks for the response Ron, I think that got me going in the right direction.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #9
rustyrodknocker

If you do go with the later model round ones. please report back on how they fit.
rustyrodknocker is offline   Reply With Quote